The Midwest Industries MI-URR Upper Receiver Rod is a versatile and effective barrel nut installation and removal tool.
Using non-approved tools can result in damage to the barrel or the receiver. But with the Midwest Industries Upper Receiver Rod, you can undo tight and seized nuts with ease, without putting the rest of your hardware at risk.
The Midwest Industries Upper Receiver Rod is designed for muzzle device installs without damaging the index pin. It is made of 4140 Ordnance-grade steel and features a black oxide finish for added durability and corrosion resistance in the field.
Midwest Industries also designed the tool to avoid damaging the upper receiver exterior. Users can install the device either horizontally or vertically in a bench vise using the specially-constructed clamping section.
You can also use this piece of equipment for forward assist/port door cover installations.
Features of the Midwest Industries Upper Receiver Rod:
- The ultimate tool for barrel nut installs or removal
- Excellent for removing stubborn/seized barrel nuts without damaging upper
- Designed for muzzle device installs and will not damage index pin
- Can be used to install forward assist/port door cover
- Compatible with forged and billet upper receivers
- Machined from 4140 Ordnance grade steel
- Durable Black Oxide finished for years of use
- Will not mar or damage the exterior of the upper receiver
- Receiver mounted sights can be left installed
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically in a bench vise
- Works with any standard M4/M16 barrel extension
- 100% Made in the USA
Note: Not compatible with 9mm, rimfire barrels, and DPMS G2 308