The Daniel Defense 18” 5.56mm NATO S2W® barrel is designed with a heavy strength to weight profile and a Mid-length gas system.
Cold Hammer Forging of barrels has been known for decades to produce the most accurate, longest lasting rifle barrels obtainable. The Cold Hammer Forging of barrels is accomplished through intense hydraulic pressure applied at opposing angles by carbide steel hammers. During the hammering process, a mandrel is inserted into the bore while the carbide steel hammers shape the barrel around the mandrel creating the chamber, the lands, and the grooves. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, the Cold Hammer Forging process creates a defect free bore and the most consistent chamber possible.
- Barrel Length: 18" Cold Hammer Forged
- Twist Rate 1:7
- Muzzle Thread 1/2×28 TPI Threads Per Inch
- Material: Chrome Moly Vanadium
- Outside Finish Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
- Diameter At Gas Port .750
- Chrome Lined Yes
- Barrel Extension A4
- Barrel Profile: S2W® [Strength-to-Weight]
- Gas System: Mid-length
- Barrel Caliber 5.56mm NATO