||7.62 mm (.308 caliber)
The SOCOM2 suppressors continue to be constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel featuring a redesigned internal venting system to additionally reduce back pressure and in some cases a further reduction in sound attenuation. Ascetically the visual difference of the SOCOM2 suppressors is a new recessed end cap.
There is no change in suppressor adapter attachment between the SOCOM and SOCOM2 suppressors. The SOCOM 3-Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake and WARCOMP option adapters are designed for use with weapons system from carbine through machine gun variants. Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM2 produces a minimal consistent shift in impact, if at all, compared to that of the unsuppressed weapon.
- All SOCOM rifle and carbine suppressors are test fired and must shoot a group no more than 1 MOA than that of the baseline platform unsuppressed group to pass
- Advanced features based off the Winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Cutting-edge internal venting to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Designed for all 7.62 rifles, including those chambered for high-velocity magnum cartridges
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas-flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Effective attenuation of noise and dust signatures
- Patented Fast-Attach® design attaches and removes in seconds
- Minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon
- Best overall reduction of the 7.62x51 caliber on all carbine and rifle platforms.
- Rated for all .30-caliber cartridges from 7.62x51 through .300WM.
- Full-Auto Rated
- Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Long service life
- Made in the USA