Note: This item was a display model. May have minor cosmetic marks.
||8.6 mm .338 caliber
|Thread Size / Color:
The all-titanium SureFire SOCOM338-Ti Fast-Attach® suppressor is optimized for .338 Lapua sniper rifles. This ultra-light, combat-ready suppressor is constructed from the highest-quality titanium—one of the world’s lightest and strongest materials—and is designed and manufactured with extreme tolerances to ensure accuracy and meet the demands of a precision sniper. It features the same cutting-edge technology and design as SureFire’s SOCOM556-RC and SOCOM762-RC suppressors, which were selected by U.S. Special Operations Command as first among all competitors in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in U.S. history.
At only 10 inches long and 22 ounces in total weight, the SOCOM338-Ti adds minimal length and weight to the weapon, minimizing any impact on weapon-handling characteristics. The suppressor tube is constructed from Grade 9 titanium, while the front plate, baffles, and lock ring are machined from Grade 5 titanium. Unprecedented accuracy is achieved from bore concentricity that exceeds match-grade ammo requirements and back-section tolerances that are tighter than a human hair, so the weapon shoots with nominal and consistent point-of-impact shift when suppressed, regardless of the number of attach/detach cycles.
Advanced internal venting reduces back pressure, lowering the suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback onto the operator and increasing weapon reliability, while the unique front-plate design, along with proprietary improvements in gas-flow dynamics, nearly eliminates first-round flash. This is a crucial benefit for the warfighter. Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach suppressors, the SOCOM338-Ti superbly attenuates a weapon’s sound, flash, and dust signature, helping to conceal an operator’s location. And for added safety, the suppressor features fail-safe baffles, which prevent a bullet from exiting out the side of the suppressor.
The combat-proven patented Fast-Attach® design provides rock-solid attachment/detachment of the suppressor with no tools required. An innovative mounting adapter, which also serves as a high-performance muzzle brake that enhances a weapon’s performance when unsuppressed, features tapered multiple bearing surfaces for tight mating with the suppressor’s back section. For added durability and long service life, the suppressor is coated with Cerakote and Ionbond DLC, available in Black or Dark Earth. This rugged suppressor is durable enough for fulltime use and, in most cases, SureFire suppressors outlast the barrels to which they are attached.
All SureFire Fast-Attach® sound suppressors provide crucial tactical benefits—they reduce the weapon’s sound signature, concealing operator's position and protecting both the operator and team members against both permanent and temporary hearing loss while enhancing situational awareness and communication; reduce or virtually eliminate muzzle flash, concealing an operator's position and preserving dark-adapted vision; reduce dust signature, concealing an operator’s position and maintaining an unobstructed view; and reduce recoil, improving bullet impact observation and allowing for faster follow-up shots.
The SOCOM338-TI-BK/DE is only compatible with the SFMB-338-3/4-24 or SFMB-338-5/8-24 muzzle brakes and is not backward compatible with 7.62 or 5.56 muzzle brakes and flash hiders.
- Constructed entirely of ultra-light, ultra-strong titanium, which reduces weight with no sacrifice in strength and minimal impact on weapon-handling characteristics
- Engineered and built based on the revolutionary design of SureFire SOCOM556-RC and SOCOM762-RC suppressors, winners of USSOCOM’s most extensive, rigorous suppressor trials ever
- Patented Fast-Attach design provides rock-solid no-tools attachment and easy removal in seconds
- Excellent accuracy resulting from bore concentricity that exceeds match-grade ammo requirements and back-section tolerances tighter than a human hair; minimal and consistent point-of-impact shift
- Superb sound, flash, and dust signature attenuation
- Advanced design reduces back pressure, suppressed cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Extreme durability for long service life; coated with Cerakote and Ionbond DLC in Black or Dark Earth
- Every suppressor is individually test fired to ensure quality
- Proudly designed and built in the USA