The Magpul Suppressor Cover(5.5") in medium coyote tan, is the first product of its kind ready to confront the outrageous temperatures caused by broadened strings of semiautomatic and automatic fire to ensure the client and hardware against burns while likewise speeding the cooling procedure. Developed of a heat-resistant polymer sleeve overlaid onto a raised stainless steel heat shield that mounts straightforwardly to the suppressor body with steel clips, the Magpul Suppressor Cover - 5.5" limits heat exchange to keep outside cover temperatures up to 1000 degrees F cooler than the surface of the suppressor and permits cooling wind stream over the can. Furthermore, it fills in as an improved thermal insulator and signature reduction device, essentially mitigating mirage distortions to the shooter's sight picture, decreasing the probability of effect harm to the suppressor body, and reducing the shot of inadvertent heat-related damage or harm to personnel or gear amid weapon discharging and cool down. Optimized for 1.5” outer diameter round suppressors with a body length of approximately 5.5” (not including attachment hardware / interface) such as the Surefire SOCOM556-RC2.
- Extreme temperature protection that mitigates internal suppressor temperatures to safe levels
- Minimizes retained heat, allowing faster cooling than any other suppressor cover technology
- Reduces thermal signature of host firearm
- Mitigates mirage effects in sight picture
- Two stainless steel clamps provide a strong, rigid and reliable interface capable of sustained firing sessions and rough handling
- High temp polymer sleeve withstands brutal suppressor temperatures during extended periods of firing without deterioration
- High strength corrosion resistant stainless steel heat shield
- Weight: 9.6oz
- Outer Diameter (OD): 2.5"
Customers who bought this item also bought