- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Range Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 16 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards, waterproof sealed to IP67 standards and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction Wind Direction and Orientation
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure Absolute Pressure
- Wet Bulb Temperature Psychrometric
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
The Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
This next-generation integrated weather meter and ballistics solver provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500 with Applied Ballistics but adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable Both sold separately.