The storage-capable version of the flagship Magpul MOE SL™ carbine stock, the MOE SL-S Storage Stock is a direct replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines.
The sleek profile, dual-side release latches, and waterproof battery tubes make it the slimmest storage tube stock available. The SL-S provides an enhanced cheek weld and true, O-ring sealed, 10m waterproof storage area desired by many, but fits it into the narrowest package possible to allow a more upright head position and minimize bulk. A rolled toe and angled rubber butt-pad are optimized for use with body armor, and an ambidextrous QD sling swivel socket is included. A unique leaf-spring tension system provides a solid fit on mil-spec receiver extensions, with slightly less friction than the original SL. The MOE SL-S is the most intuitive, comfortable, and efficient storage stock available.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube not included from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others please see the note below
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two 2 CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via hand-removable, o-ringed rubber plugs that are waterproof to 10 meters
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Dual-side release latch provides easy adjustment while remaining anti-snag
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Internal anti-rattleleaf spring minimizes wobble on receiver extension tube
- Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Integral push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels ambidextrous
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
Note: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions buffer tubes: mil-spec and commercial-spec. The MOE SL-S buttstocks will only fit with the common mil-spec tube.