This evolution of the FN 509 Midsize, now featuring the FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System, gives you the option of direct mounting more than 10 different miniature red dot optics to your concealed carry pistol. The FN 509 Midsize MRD features a four-inch barrel and slide with optics mounting package, a midsized frame, standard 15-round capacity, and is compatible with larger capacity FN 509 magazines with use of a sleeve. The improved controls aid in manipulation, the new improved texturing on the two included backstraps provides better recoil management, and a new flatter faced trigger allows for more controllable trigger press and cleaner break.
- Full-sized performance in a concealed carry package
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Fully ambidextrous controls
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System with plate adapters for direct mounting of more than 10 optics
- All-black co-witness iron sights
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Improved flatter face trigger
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- High visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Compatible with FN 509 17-round and 24-round magazines with appropriate magazine sleeves
Mag Capacity: 15 Rd.
Weight: 26.5 oz.
Barrel Length: 4.0"
Overall Length: 7.4"
Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
Sight Radius: 5.79"