With their patented Low-Profile Optics Mounting System and unparalleled modularity of the FN 509 platform, the FN 509 Compact MRD joins the ranks packing a full-size punch in a compact, optics-ready package. The pistol is 9mm and striker-fired with a 3.7-inch barrel, standard 12+1 capacity, and the capability to accept all higher capacity FN 509 magazines. The patented FN Low-Profile Optics Mounting System accepts nearly all commercially available miniature red dot optics and features blackout iron sights that co-witness. The improved controls aid in manipulation, the new improved texturing on the two included backstraps provides better recoil management, and a new flatter faced trigger allows for more controllable trigger press and cleaner break.
- Full-sized performance in a concealed carry package
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Fully ambidextrous controls
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System with plate adapters for direct mounting of more than 10 optics
- All-black co-witness iron sights
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Shortened grip for easier concealment
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Improved flatter face trigger
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- High visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Compatible with FN 509 17-round and 24-round magazines with appropriate magazine sleeves
Mag Capacity: 12/15 Rd.
Weight: 25.5 oz.
Barrel Length: 3.7"
Overall Length: 6.8"
Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
Height: 5.2" / 4.8"
Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
Sight Radius: 5.6"