FN 509M (66-100465) Mid-Size w/ Night Sights & 3 15-round Magazine offers the perfect combination of a midsize frame with a four-inch slide barrel, allowing it to retain the performance of full-size pistols in a considerably smaller package. This 9mm platform comes with a 15-round capacity and works with all of FN's 509 magazines.
FN wanted to create a compact pistol that would provide users with the performance of its full-size counterparts. To this end, the firearm features a double-action operation, a fixed 3-dot green tritium night sight, non-manual safety models, and a striker-fired autoloader.
The barrel is made of cold hammer-forged stainless steel with a polished chamber. And the slide is easy to rack and features combat-style sights. FN has also made significant improvements to the front and rear cocking systems for added peace of mind. The frame is a polymer construction for high strength and lightweight. And it comes with replaceable steel slide rails.
Features of the FN 509 Mid-Size w/ Night Sights & 3 15-round Magazine
- Optimal combination of small size with performance of full-size pistols
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrel
- 15-round capacity
- Compatible with all FN 509 magazines
This ideal combination of a four-inch slide and barrel with a midsize frame retains full-sized pistol performance in an easily-concealed package. The 9mm pistol ships standard with a 15-round capacity and is compatible with all FN 509 magazines with the use of a sleeve. The improved controls aid in manipulation, the new improved texturing on the two included backstraps provides better recoil management and a new, flatter faced trigger allows for more controllable trigger press and cleaner break.
- Full-sized performance in a concealed carry package
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Fully ambidextrous controls
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot green tritium night sight
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- An improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Improved flatter face trigger
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
Mag Capacity: 15 Rd.
Weight: 26.5 oz.
Barrel Length: 4.0"
Overall Length: 7.4"
Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
Sight Radius: 5.79"