The FN 509™ is built on the proven architecture of the FNS™ Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509 with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility, and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot night sight available
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
Mag Capacity: 10 or 17 Rd.
Weight: 26.9 oz.
Barrel Length: 4.0"
Overall Length: 7.4"
Twist Rate: 1:10" RH
Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
Sight Radius: 5.79"