The North American Rescue Hyfin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack (10-0042) enables treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by penetrating chest trauma. The cutting-edge design of these chest seals incorporates 3-vented channels designed to allow air to escape the chest cavity during exhalation but prevent airflow from entering through the injury site during inhalation. Each HyFin® Vent Compact Chest Seal is made with advanced hydrogel technology designed to provide superior adhesion in adverse conditions or austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants.
Constructed of a rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, the perforated twin packaging allows users to open only one dressing at a time as needed. Its small packaging is approximately 25% smaller than that of the standard HyFin® Vent Chest Seal and is ideal for low profile kits as you do not have to fold it to get it to fit in your kit, go-bag, cargo pocket, or body armor.
- Smaller packaging, approximately 25% smaller than the standard HyFin® Vent Chest Seal
- 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Two Chest Seals for the treatment of entry/exit or multiple penetrating wounds
- Advanced adhesive gel for superior adhesion, even to sweaty or hairy chests
- Large red tab for single step, peel and apply application that also allows for burping the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches with perforated twin packaging allowing rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed
- Device: 4.75 in. x 4.75 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged: H 3.875 in. x W 6.6 in. x D 0.13 in.
- Weight: 1.55 oz