The next-generation PMAG 30 GEN M3 is a 30-round 5.56x45 NATO .223 Remington polymer magazine for AR15/M4 compatible weapons. Along with expanded feature set and compatibility, the GEN M3 incorporates new material technology and manufacturing processes for enhanced strength, durability, and reliability to exceed rigorous military performance specifications.
Modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a wide range of non-Colt-spec platforms such as the HK® 416 and MR556A1, M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others. A redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons.
Similar to the MOE PMAG, the GEN M3 features a long-life stainless steel spring, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning. In addition, an included pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to minimize debris intrusion and protect against potential damage during storage and transit. Low profile ribs and new aggressive front and rear texture give positive control of the GEN M3 in all environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate aids extraction and handling of the magazine while providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches.
Battle-hardened by over 5 years of combat experience, the PMAG evolution is marked by a long list of improvements, but here are some of the highlights of the new GEN M3 that change from the current design:
- Stronger in all tests over the current PMAG feed lip impact, spine strength, side-impact, hot/cold durability, etc.
- Geometry and new low-drag follower design changes to increase reliability in extremely adverse conditions, including dusty environments.
- Now fully compatible with HK 416, FN SCAR, SA 80, et.al., with new bolt catch geometry and an over-insertion stop on the spine of the magazine for full functionality with all platforms.
- Now drop-free compatible with magazine wells on the tighter side of acceptable tolerance, and has a reinforced mag catch area for greater durability and compatibility with various mag catch tolerances.
- A slimmer floorplate for increased pouch compatibility comes standard, along with improved water drainage.
- Improved texture on the front and rear for more positive handling under stress.
- Recessed paint pen dot matrix for magazine marking that will not abrade off under handling or cleaning.
Note: that the PMAG Ranger will NOT work with the new GEN M3. It will be getting its own Ranger design and we’ll provide more info as it becomes available. Basically, GEN M3 accessories/components will only work with GEN M3 magazines, including its Impact/Dust Cover.