The FN M249S® PARA, a semi-auto version of the currently contracted FN® M249 PARA. The PARA was designed for airborne, armored infantry and close quarters combat (CQC) operations with a shorter barrel and collapsible buttstock. It retains all of the features of the FN® M249 SAW and can be field-converted back to the standard model configuration in just 30 seconds.
- Formed steel frame
- Folding steel bipod
- Folding carry handle
- Flip-up feed tray cover and feed mechanism
- Top-cover integrated MIL-STD-1913 rail systems for optics
- Cold hammer-forged steel
- Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
- Quick-change barrel capability
- Removable heatshield
- Ergonomic buttstock contains hydraulic buffer that allows user to maintain high rate of fire with accuracy and effect
- Crossbolt safety
- Redesigned trigger mechanism for semi-automatic fire
- Non-reciprocating charging handle
- Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm
- Operation: Closed-bolt
- Mag Capcity: 200 Rd. belt or 30 Rd. mag
- Weight: 16 lb.
- Barrel Length: 16.1"
- Overall Length: 31.5" - 37"
- Overall Height: 9.5"
- Trigger Pull: 4 - 6.5 lb.
- Twist Rate: 1:7 RH