The M249 SAW is designed to be used on the front lines where it really matters, providing crucial support at the infantrysquad/ fire team level by providing highly accurate fire plus the maneuverability to take the objective. The ergonomically-shaped polymer buttstock contains a hydraulic buffer that allows SAW gunners to maintain a high rate of fire with accuracy and effect.
- Formed steel frame with claw extractor design
- Fixed, pivoting ejector plus side ejection of cases
- Top cover integrated MIL -STD 1913 mounting rail for sighting systems
- Changeable barrel
- Cold hammer-forged steel
- Hard chrome-plated bore and chamber
- Highly ergonomic polymer buttstock assembly with hydraulic recoil buffer system and non-slip buttplate
- Crossbolt safety
- Curved trigger for improved finger position and control in rapid fire
- Standard disintegrating link belt-fed
- Under-mounted polymer ammunition container helps keep ammunition cleaner for reduced wear and added reliability
- Caliber: 5.56x45 mm
- Operation: Open-bolt
- Color: Matte black non-reflective finish on all surfaces
- Effective Range: 800 m, point target
- Maximum Range: 3600 m, maximum range
- Barrel Length: 20.5"
- Overall Length: 40.75"
- Overall Height: 9.5"
- Weight: 17.0 lbs. empty
- Twist Rate: 1:7" RH
- Trigger Pull: 7.9 -15.7 lbs.
- Cyclic Rate of Fire: 775 RPM