How it Works
Celox™ controls bleeding by forming a robust clot as red blood cells react with the Celox™ agent. This occurs within minutes after the product is placed at the source of bleeding. Studies have repeatedly confirmed that Celox™ rapidly controls major arterial bleeding without the use of cautery when applied to traumatic wounds. When applied to wounds, the excess Celox™ hemostatic agent forms a gelled mass that protects the area of controlled bleeding and is easily irrigated out after Celox™ use.
Benefits and Features
* Coated gauze allows for convenient placement at source of bleeding
* Not affected by windy conditions
* Saves lives by controlling bleeding within minutes
* Works in cold conditions and with hypothermic patients
* Works on anti-coagulated blood
* No heat generation with use and no burning of tissues
* Sterile, waterproof packaging
* Easy to remove and irrigate from wound
* No scissors or shears required - tears easily to required length.
Dimensions: One Gauze Strip: 3" x 10' 7.6cm x 3.0M
Dimensions: 4.25" x 6.75" x 1" packaged
Weight: 2.1 oz